About Me

My photo
My name is Emily, I'm a 22 year old girl originally from Bournemouth but now living in the West Country (Bristol/Bath). The main goal is to lose 100lbs over the next 2 years, healthily. I shall be achieving this through the power and force that is Slimming World. Exciting times!

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Day 1. The challenge begins.

And so we begin.

My name is Emily, I've been alive for 22 years and I currently live inbetween Bristol and Bath with my amazingly supportive boyfriend Liam. I'm a graphic designer, musician, film fanatic, fashion enthusiast and self proclaimed chubster. I'm 4'11 and currently weigh 16st7lbs. Shocking.

Last week I had as what could only be described as somewhat of a monumental life changing moment. Returning to my hometown to visit my family, I went with the intentions of visiting some of my old college friends I've not see for a few years. This didn't happen, reason being that I was too embarrassed about all the weight I'd put on to even go out. Now I've always been a bit of on the larger side of life, but my weight has never held me back before. I feel like I'm missing out on what should be some of the best times of my adult life. So, after a bit of a moan and a tearful conversation with my mother I've decided to take some action. I'm the only person that can change my life, and I'm in a lucky enough position to have all the support around me I need. Thusfore, from this day onwards I shall no longer be 'Emily of Little Confidence' but instead 'Emily of Little Waist'. Each day from this moment I shall be a tiny bit smaller, oh yes, I shall conquer the overall battle with giantness and become a healthy, confident individual who looks fabulous and more importantly, feels amazing. And how do I plan on doing this?

Slimming world.
Current weight: 16st7lbs
Target weight: 9st7lbs
Weight to lose: 7st

One thing I've always been passionate about is cooking, experimenting, and as I get older I find recipes more and more fun to test out. My mum has been doing SW for however long or so and lost an amazing 4 and a half stone so far. I'm so proud of her, if not a little a jealous. Now it's my turn. She's given me the books, magazines, tips and advice and hopefully, using this blog, I can keep up with weight loss as well as sharing my own recipes and experience. I've joined facebook groups, I've done my research, I've invested in magazine subscriptions, I've got my own Muller Light shelf in the fridge. It's looking positive!

I've also taken a load of pictures of how I look now, which I haven't seen. I'll take photos every week until I reach my target weight.

Wish me luck!

E

1 comments:

LyndseyJ said...

just started to read your blog and its given me inspiration to start one of mine own, im doign slimming world too. good luck to you on rest of journey. pumpkin

Post a Comment