About Me

My photo
My name is Emily, I'm a 22 year old girl originally from Bournemouth but now living in the West Country (Bristol/Bath). The main goal is to lose 100lbs over the next 2 years, healthily. I shall be achieving this through the power and force that is Slimming World. Exciting times!

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Syn Free! Easy Chips & Curry Sauce.

Thought I'd rustle up something a bit fiery for my lunch today. I figured I'm going to attempt a curry this week, might as well try making a dipping sauce!


Chips & Curry Sauce - Syn count - 0
Serves: 2-4

For the sauce:

1 Red Onion
1 tbs Curry Powder
1 Thin Chilli (optional)
Pinch of Turmeric
Tinned Tomatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
Boiling water or chicken stock
Fry Light
Super Low Fat Natural Yogurt

1. Dice the red onion and garlic (and chilli if using) and fry using fry light.
2. Add the curry powder and turmeric.
3. Add a few spoons of tinned tomatoes and fry down.
4. Once it begins to reduce, heat up some water or chicken stock (to taste - any stock can be used!) andstir in. Keep repeating this until you are happy with the consistency.
5. Before serving, stir in some natural yogurt to give a slighty creamy texture.

For the chips:

2 Large Baking Potatoes
Fry Light

1. Peel and slice the baking potatoes and par-boil. Add a pinch of salt to taste.
2. Drain until dry and shake in the colander. Place in a pre-heated oven on a high temperature until browned and looking tasty!

Yum! I really enjoyed this, it was really filling and the heat in the curry left me with a nice taste in my mouth which stopped me craving anything sweet. Good times.

E


0 comments:

Post a Comment