About Me

My photo
My name is Emily, I'm a 22 year old girl originally from Bournemouth but now living in the West Country (Bristol/Bath). The main goal is to lose 100lbs over the next 2 years, healthily. I shall be achieving this through the power and force that is Slimming World. Exciting times!

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Day 2. Damn you, lack of nicotine.

There are many things I want to achieve in my time upon this planet. Obviously, one being the mass weight loss. Another, however, is giving up smoking. I always thought it would be a better idea to conquer one at a time!

This morning I woke up feeling super positive. I made a nice healthy breakfast (1 slice of toast with a frylight egg), had an apple, did a little exercise. Made a nice lunch. I had originally planned to walk down the shop to get some cigarettes mid morning, it's a long walk and would do me good. I decided to wait until Liam got home so we could go together. So I ran a bath, procrastinated. Made some pasta. Still no cigarettes.

It then dawned on me I had gone 24 hours without smoking. First though, great! Proud times. An hour later and oh my days. I'm the least violent person in the world but at that precise moment I could have easily kicked a child in the face (I am not proud of this). Luckily, no one was harmed and 6 hours later and Liam came home from work with a little present in the form of a cancer stick.

Anywho, I have realised that I need to stop putting things off and making excuses. I should have gone this morning and if I had then I think I would have had a much more productive day and probably eaten less pasta! It's also made me realise how much I want to give up smoking. So, once I've reached half of my target weight loss (50 lbs off) I'm going to half my cigarette intake and make 10 cigarettes last me the week.

Hooray for targets!

E

0 comments:

Post a Comment