About Me

My photo
My name is Emily, I'm a 22 year old girl originally from Bournemouth but now living in the West Country (Bristol/Bath). The main goal is to lose 100lbs over the next 2 years, healthily. I shall be achieving this through the power and force that is Slimming World. Exciting times!

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Syn Free! Beef and Veg Bolognaise with Linguine. Mmm.

This smells so damn good. It's also the type of recipe where you can chop and change the ingredients to suit you're own requirements. I find it's best to use whatever is left over. Anywho, here's what I used today:

Syn Free - Beef & Veg Bolognaise with Linguine - Syn Count - 0
Serves 2-4

















Extra lean mince
3 Flat Mushrooms
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Green Pepper
Handful of Green Beans
2 Garlic Cloves
Fry Light
Tinned Tomatoes
Passata
Vegetable Stock Cube (Oxo work best! Beef can also be used to give the meal a meatier feel)

1. Cut the mushrooms, peppers, green beans and garlic and fry using fry light until almost cooked.
2. Add the mince and brown, stir in a crumbled stock cube. This coats the meat and releases some nice flavours.
3. Add a tin of tomatos (plum tomatoes work really well) and simmer until reduced. Add some passata depending on how much sauce you like and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Serve on a bed of Linguine cooked as per instructions on the packet.

Yum!

This meal is really filling and satisfying. I probably ate more than I should have but I'd definitely do it again. Om nom nom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment