About Me

My photo
My name is Emily, I'm a 22 year old girl originally from Bournemouth but now living in the West Country (Bristol/Bath). The main goal is to lose 100lbs over the next 2 years, healthily. I shall be achieving this through the power and force that is Slimming World. Exciting times!

Friday 24 September 2010

Mango glazed chicken - Syn count - 4 - Om nom.

My first Friday night on the SW diet, fancied something a little indulgent! I attempted to follow a recipe that was in this weeks SW magazine - Mango glazed chicken. Unfortunately, had I followed this to the exact recipe I don't think it would have turned out great. The amount of sauce required wasn't enough for 2 breasts of chicken I used and the recipe required 4 chicken breasts, it wouldn't have been. Fortunately, I improvised enough to keep this meal low syn and incredibly tasty. It really was lovely. Liam also really liked it! Definite crowd please and would be perfect for a dinner party. It has wonderful aromas. Rant over. Here's the recipe!

Mango Glazed Chicken - Syns - 4
Serves 2 - 4

















2 Chicken Breasts (all visible fat removed)
Baby Mushrooms
1 Large Red Onion
Baby Potatoes
Green Beans (optional)
1 Red Chilli Pepper
1 Thin Green Chilli Pepper
5 Level tbs of Sharwoods Mango Sauce
5 tbs Water

1.Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees. Par-boil some bite size baby potatoes and add to a casserole dish.
2.Slice onion, green beans, mushrooms (I put them in whole!), chillies and dice your chicken. Add to the casserole dish.
3. Mix your mango sauce with the water in a cup. Pour this over the food and mix.
4. Place in the over and leave for 30-45 minutes. I also spray some fry light on top to crisp the potatoes and chicken!

I served this with basmati rice and stir-fried broccoli, sweetcorn and red peppers! Delicious!

E

0 comments:

Post a Comment